Re: Diagnostic QA

You might pick up a copy of Med Physics Monograph #20, Specification,
Acceptance Testing, and Quality Control of Diagnostic Xray Imaging
Equipment; eds. Seibert JA, Barnes GT, Gould RG; pub. Amer Inst Phys; ISBN
1-56396-421-X. It's the proceedings of the 1991 AAPM Summer School. You can
probably order it, on approval, from Med Physics Publishing @ 800-442-5778.
Also, NCRP Report 99 is on "Quality Assurance in Diagnostic Imaging."

At 09:46  12/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have recommendations for daily/weekly QC for conventional
radiography and fluoroscopy?  Mammo has the MQSA rules, CT and MRI run daily
phantoms, but the rest of the department doesn't really have anything
meaningful.  We are now using a Fuji CR system, so I would like to start a
program which would produce real information.  I'm thinking about something
like once a week per machine shoot a standard contrast-detail phantom and
record the smallest hole seen and the S-number from the Fuji system.  The
constraints I'm working under are these:  we have a staff shortage in
radiology; no one is comfortable with the Fuji system yet; and I have no
money to buy phantoms nor time to train the staff.  Other than that I'm home
free.