From: Joey Michael <jmichael@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 1998 5:26 PM
Subject: Instrument Repair/calibration

>Does changing a the cable on a portable GM (such as a Ludlum model 3)
require the instrument to be recalibrated.  I know that the regs. state
annual calibration and calibration after repair, but an exception is given
for battery changes, but does changing the cable connecting the probe rank
as a repair for this purpose?  It doesn't seem to me that it would
significantly change the instruments response.