BIOASSAY SERVICES

Several weeks ago I requested information on bioassay services.  I
received information from a number of sources.  A few Radsafers
requested a copy of the results.  It will be easier to post on Radsafe
than to send to each individual.  Therefore, the following list is
provided for your use:

	Nuclear Technology Services, Inc.
	635 Hembree Parkway
	Roswell, GA 30076
	404-663-0711 FAX 404-663-0547
	http//www.ntanet.net/nts.html
	Attention: John Bates

	Teledyne
	Brown Engineering
	Environmental Services
	50 Van Buren Avenue
	Westwood, New Jersey 07675-1235
	201-664-7070 FAX 201-664-5586
	Attention: Alan R. Latham, Ph.D.
	Environmental Analysis

	Stan A. Huber Consultants, Inc.
	Health Physics & Radiation Safety Services
	200 North Cedar Road
	New Lenox, Illinois 60451-1751
	1-800-383-0468 or 815-485-6161
	FAX 815-485-4433
	http//www.sahci.com
	Attention: Steven M. Herman
	Decon Services Manager

	Thermo NUTech
	7021 Pan American Hwy. NE
	Albuquerque, NM 87109
	505-345-3461 FAX 505-761-5416
	Attention: Ernest A. Sanchez
	Vice President

	Duke Engineering & Services
	580 Main Street
	Bolton, MA 01740
	978-568-2725 FAX 978-568-2020
	Attention: William E. Riethle or Edward F. Maher

	General Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
	2040 Savage Road
	Charleston, SC 29414
	843-556-8171

	Lockheed Martin Energy Systems
	Analytical Services Organization
	Bioassy, Organic and Radiochenistry Dept.
	1113 C Union Valley Road
	423-576-9198 FAX 423-576-9174
	Attention: Jeff Wade
	http//www.ornl.gov/ASO/index.htm

	For State and Federal Agencies call REACT/S - 423-576-3448
	Dick Toohey 423-576-3448

I have no recommendations on any individual company or agency.  You will
need to contact each service for specific details.  If I made a mistake
in the information provided please contact me for correction.

Thanks to all the responses I received.  I now have a resource list when
needed for both emergencies and long term routine services.

Johnny James
State of North Carolina
Division of Radiation Protection
mailto:Johnny_James@mail.enr.state.nc.us  or