Re: Fwd: Plutonium Found in Nev. Groundwater

At 13:25 06.01.1999 -0600, you wrote:

>--part0_915650341_boundary
>
>In a message dated 1/6/99 2:02:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, AOL News writes:
>
><< Plutonium Found in Nev. Groundwater
>
> .c The Associated Press
>
>  By JEFF BARNARD
>
> Traces of plutonium from a test blast in the Nevada desert migrated nearly a
>mile through groundwater, according to a study that prompted the
government to
>recalculate slightly the risks that would be posed by an underground nuclear
>waste storage site.

-----------------------------------

For RADSAFERs, who are interested in the question of movement of plutonium
and fission products I highly recommend the report series about "The
radiological situation at the atolls of Mururoa and Fangataufa", published
by the IAEA in 1998. The series contains the results of a very careful and
comprehensive international study coordinated by the IAEA on request from
the French government.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria