From: Joey Michael <jmichael@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 1998 5:29 PM
Subject: Instrument Repair/calibration

>Does changing a the cable on a portable GM (such as a Ludlum model 3)
require the instrument to be recalibrated.  I know that the regs. state
annual calibration and calibration after repair, but an exception is given
for battery changes, but does changing the cable connecting the probe rank
as a repair for this purpose?  It doesn't seem to me that it would
significantly change the instruments response.

>Thanks and Happy Holidays
>
>Joey Michael
>mailto:joey-michael@uiowa.edu
>University of Iowa
>Health Protection Office

begin 666 Hayden Mercer.vcf
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*3D0Z5D-!4D0-"@``
`
end