Re: Question RE <Working Level>

I just want to atteract your attention that there is a difference between
measuring radon and radon progeny. Radon progeny are the major health concern
issue and the WL unit is related to it directly, however, most of the
conversion factors assume a value of an equilibrium factor of one between radon
and its progeny which is not always true (some where between 0.1- 0.8 depends
on different parameters, e.g., existance of smoke or dust in the air).

--
Khalid Aleissa, Ph.D.
224B, Institute of Atomic Energy Research