NRC, "Improvements to the Oversight Processes for Nuclear Power Reactors"

The NRC published a "Federal Register" notice, today (January 22, 1999,
pages
3576 - 3578), requesting comments on its proposed new power reactor
oversight
process.  Coments are due February 22, 1999.  The proposal, itself is in
SECY
99-007 (396 pages!).  This is available for downloading from the NRC Web
Page.
 Considering the length of the proposal, there is not much time to develop
comments, but we should make our best effort, since this will affect the way
we do business for quite a while.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com