Reason we are looking for a personal alpha CAM

We are looking for a way to determine the airborne radioactivity inside
level "B" suits when working at very high levels.

Currently, we measure the airborne radioactivity in the work area and
estimate the exposure to the worker based on the protection factor of the
respirator, taking no credit for the level "B" suit.  This sets very
conservative stay times.

If we had a way of knowing the airborne concentrations inside the level "B"
suit, we could control using this level.

Tom Goff
Rocky Flats ETS
Tom.Goff@RFETS.gov