Mad Scientist stuff

Hi Radsafers,

My thanks to whomever pointed out this service to us.  I've gotten my first
question that I can answer.  (The first was about civil engineering, which
I am thoroughly unqualified to answer).  It is as follows:

Which is more deadly, a depleted uranium bullet or the radiation it emits?

Unfortunately, a grade level (k-12) was not included so I'm writing kind of
blind with respect to my audience, but I'll definitely have fun writing
this response.  Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread a few weeks
back, I'll certainly be using that info in my answer!

In case you want to join the fray as well, here's the web site info again.
The MAD Scientist Network
http://www.madsci.org/

If this question is an indication of things to come, we stand to do a lot
of good by helping answer questions like this and supporting this
organization.

Fighting to save the world, one poor foolish person at a time...

Scott Kniffin

RSO Unisys Federal Systems, Lanham, MD
CHO Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA
mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed here are my own. They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys or NASA.  This material has not been reviewed by my
manager or NASA.