Re[2]: Give Me You Opinion -Reply

Release of UF6 is a horse of a different color..namely white...
It is not only a breathing hazard, it turns into a very fine powder when
exposed to the moisture in the air which instantly creates a "White Out"
condition that makes London fog look like a clear day in Arizona.

This example makes the point that I believe has been missed in this thread and
that point is that each location has its own special hazards/concerns that must
be addressed BEFORE an emergency happens.

This is the purpose of emergency response procedures and teams.  There should
be personnel and equipment on your site that can address various situations
where life and limb are at risk and the best minds from the different
disciplines need to 'what if' until the best plan of attacks are thought out.
Then the procedures are written and drills are performed to evaluate and
upgrade the effectiveness of those procedures.

If you don't have emergency procedures that establish responsibilities and
specific guidelines to all personnel at your location you are asking for a lot
of sleepless nights wondering "if we had only............."

Ron Shepherd
shephrl@gwsmtp.nu.com