RE: Sandy's EPD Comments

I should add one other point to my previous ED discussion for clarity.  One of the primary differences between film, TLDs and ED's is the fact that most ED's in use are single detectors.  This goes to Sandy and Bob Flood's points that TLDs and film algorithms are designed around multi-elements being able to interpret changes in the spectral environment and still determine dose correctly.  Most ED's have a single spectral calibration factor for its single detector that converts counts to some dose measurement, right or wrong.

Mike Lantz, CHP