No Subject

Greeting to all,

We have at our hospital old radium needles/tubes that have not been leak
tested in 2 years.
The Medical Physicist at our hospital suggested placing a swab smeared with
vasoline in drawers of the safe that contains the radium needles/tubes for
a period of three days.  Please note that the safe is not air tight.  Is
this method satisfactory?  Is it sufficient to read the wipes with a GM
counter?  Please advice.

Malek Chatila
American University of Beirut
mc02@aub.edu.lb