Another DDT issue...???

Radsafers:

I often read "Access to Energy" previously published by late prof. P.
Beckman and now continued by Dr. A. Robinson.

Although I can not recall in which issue it was mentioned the last time,
both authors repeatedly talked about the tremendous harm caused by the
DDT ban.  It seems to me they mentioned enourmous number of lives (~
100s of milions) had been lost namely in Africa (malaria and mosquitos)
since the ban on use of DDT (early '70s ???) was recommended and
implemented...

I hope someone could comment in this group, please.

Each response is appreciated in advance.

Regards.

Miroslav Lieskovský
Health Physicist
NB POWER - PLGS - HP Dep't
PO BOX 10, Lepreau, NB, Canada, E0G 2H0
tel. (506) 659 7421, fax. (506) 659 6507
mlieskovsky@nbpower.com