RE: LLD for TLD and ED

Phil's list is excellent.  I would simply add that old TLD damage can present itself as TL today, combined with poor low dose algorithm assessments.

I just gave a class at the HPS Midyear and the #1 point was to ALWAYS be able to obtain the element readings from your dosimetry processor.  A vendor may call the tld readings ( 0   12   0   0 ) --- 12 mrem.  But you can interpret it differently and explain to your worker that it probably is a false positive on the low sensitivity element because the high sensitivity elements (3 and 4) show nothing.

Please forgive my problemmatic email system.  Never had this problem except these notes to Radsafe.  Anyone know the answer?

Mike Lantz, CHP