justification of practices

Dear Radsafer's,

Recently, Dutch government has started a project, called "Justification of radiological practices". Its goal is to describe (as good as possible):
- justification criteria
- justified practices (licensed in the past)
- non-justified practices (no licence granted)
All major types of practices, such as industrial, scientific, educational, and medical applications should be included. In this very early stage of the project,
which runs from January to approx. Juli 1999, we excluded nuclear power and military usage.

It goes without saying that standard literature sources such as ICRP Publications, Basic Safety Standards (IAEA), EC-directives, NCRP Reports and NRPB documents will be used for input.

However, we are quite sure that there is a great amount of data, (scientifically sound) opinions, reports, papers, documents etc.etc. which could be very useful to us. Therefore we would like to ask Radsafe-members to provide us with additional information and/or references.

e-mail address: pjkicken@worldonline.nl   or   kicken@sbdh.azr.nl

If the response is worthwhile to share with you, I will be happy to do so.

Thanks in advance,

Pierre. J.H. Kicken, PhD
Senior Health Physicist
University Hospital Rotterdam