X-ray irradiation to the head

It is noteworthy that not only radium irradiation was used to eliminate
lymphoid tissue in the middle ear, especially on children with mild hearing
losses, but also  X-ray "therapy" was commonly practiced with 3 treatments to
the area of the middle ear to improve hearing and eliminate fluid in the
middle ear.  I am familiar with this treatment because I received a
significant dose from this treatment when I was 11 years old.  I could write a
book about the problems I have had following the radiation treatments.

Dale Sandler at the NIEHS has authored numerous articles, including her Ph.D.,
on this topic.

Bill Field
University of Iowa
mailto:bill-field@uiowa.edu