Re: ask a scientist web resource

I also signed up to answer questions about things nuclear and radiation
protection in particular.  I agree with Mike.  More of us should sign up.
Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net

Michael C. Baker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ran across the Mad Scientist "ask a scientist" web page
> this morning.  Although most of the fields are well covered
> by people in the respective areas of science, I noticed that
> nuclear related questions were being answered by a computer
> programmer with no nuclear experience or related education.
> Let's just say that the answers he has posted may not be
> incorrect but they are leaving the readers with the impression
> that radioactive waste is leaking into multiple rivers, being
> dumped intentially, spent fuel pools are a serious hazard,
> etc....
>
> I immediately signed up to answer future nuclear and radiation
> related questions and would encourage a few others to do so
> also. The web site address is http://www.madsci.org/.
>
> Mike

> Michael C. Baker, Ph.D., P.E.
> Radioassay and Nondestructive Testing Team
> Environmental Science and Waste Technology Group
> Mail Stop J594, Los Alamos National Laboratory
> P.O. Box 1663, Los Alamos, NM 87545 (USA)
>
> email:  mcbaker@lanl.gov
>
> Phone: (505) 667-7334        Fax: (505) 665-8346

begin:          vcard
fn:             Al Tschaeche
n:              Tschaeche;Al
org:            Nuclear Standards Unlimited
email;internet: antatnsu@postoffice.pacbell.net
title:          CEO
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE