RE: Uranium blamed for Gulf War Syndrome (BBC)

I was an underground uranium miner for seven years.  My whole body and
internal exposure (gamma and WLMs) for the last 4 years of that was 5 REM
each year.  We ate ( with ore falling on us), drank (sometimes mine water)
and did all our business underground every day.  I have had 4 whole body
counts and yearly bioassay here al LANL and my internal deposition is
reported as NDA (no detectable activity).  This has a lot to do with the
fact that the Biological half life of uranium is 9-15 days (depends on
which source you look at.)  So I doubt that and Depleted Uranium would be
found in anyone, or that it has done any harm.  The 10CFR835 Weekly DAC for
U-238 is 150 times higher than for Pu-239, which has a biological half life
of 200 years.

My own opinion.

Mike Dempsey