Re: Re[2]: Hopkins Thesis Availability/Coverup Thread- Response

Oct. 1998, the Hopkins School of Public Health, and the secretary to Dr.
Matanoski's
office told me that theses were available to "outsiders" even after a degree
had been awarded.<<<

Gradually the details are emerging.  I think that you have left out a word in
the above.  Based on your previous posts, you probably meant that the
secretary told you that the theses were not available to "outsiders" even
after a degree has been awarded.  But if I had been in your place, I would not
have taken the word of a secretary as being authoritative on this matter, but
would have talked or written to someone with real authority.  I find it
remarkable that you are accusing John's Hopkins of suppressing a thesis on the
basis of what a secretary told you.  Before making that sort of serious
charge, it would be better to have a  written refusal, rather than base it on
the strength of a phone call with the secretary.  Regardless of any hidden
agenda on the part of the University, I would not expect a secretary to have
accurate information on a question like the one you asked.  In addition, if
you failed to go higher, that demonstrates that you didn't make much of an
effort to get what you wanted.  But you were so quick to cry "coverup"!

                                  R. Holloway
                                  holloway3@aol.com