Re: Yeh's Thesis again

In a message dated 2/5/99 1:08:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, Holloway3@aol.com
writes:

<<
 I think this sort of sweeping generalization and jumping to conclusions,
 without a factual basis, is a common problem these days.  It happens in
almost
 every field, politics, science and every thing else.  I am sure some of you
 have heard of the so-called Clinton death list. >>

I think Mr. Holloway has proven beyond any doubt that he is incapable of
reading and /or understanding meaningful information which has been provided
to him both in public posts and in private posts on the subject of Nasal
Radium Irradiation health risks. His repetitive posts on trivial points have
now drifted far off theme, and are completely extraneous to the issues at
hand. From the start, he has ignored the information I've posted and assumed
an accusatory, hostile attitude.

He has cluttered this board since Feb. 1st asking questions that have been
answered on more than one occassion in some detail both in public and private
posts. He is detracting from the more important issue of radiation protection
professionals considering the significant adverse health effects as documented
in the Yeh, 1997 Ph.D thesis at Hopkins [i.e.: Adjusted RR for benign and
malignant brain tumors = 30.9, as a start] and the lack of action and official
denials by Hopkins about the need for prudent medical notice and follow-up
recommendations for the special population at risk.

I get the feeling Mr. Holloway's favorite game as a child must have been Last
Touch. I am willing to declare him the winner at Last Touch, and now he can go
home for milk and cookies.

At a bare minimum, he should be chastised by Melissa for bringing in
conspiracy theories about Vince Foster to a discussion about the potential
health effects of NRI. What Vince Foster has to do with government and
institutional inactions regarding 1,000,000 children who received 2,000 rads
contact dose to the nasopharynx to shrink their adenoids, is beyond me. If
Mr. Holloway's posts aren't off-topic, I don't know what to call them.

Regards to those following this twisted "thread" [soon to qualify as a
"rope"].

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Director - Radium Experiment Assessment Project [REAP]
Consulting Scientist
Public Health Sciences
19 Stuart St.
Pawtucket, RI 02860

Phone/FAX: (401) 727-4947  E-mail: radproject@usa.net
            Web address: http://www.delphi.com/carsreap

The Radium Experiment Assessment Project [REAP] is a project
of the Center for Atomic Radiation Studies, Inc., a not-for-profit 501(c)(3)
organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.