Am-241 sources

We have two Am-241 sources that we will give away to anyone who may have a
use for them. The researcher who now owns them has no idea what they were
used for in the past and would like to remove them from his inventory. NEN
informed us the sources were custom made and designed for industrial use.
NEN does not want them back. If you are interested in these sources, contact
me at the email address or phone number below.

Source # 1
88 mCi on 6/77
NEN source, serial # A-399
Shaped like a metal donut, OD=50 mm, hole diameter=24 mm, thickness=8 mm

Source # 2
2 mCi on 11/79
NEN source # NER-9003, serial # A-578
Leucite encased, bottle shaped
Bottom part of bottle is 30 mm diameter x 28 mm high, overall height= 85 mm.
Actual source appears to be about 6 mm diameter x 28 mm high.

Mike Burba
Asst RSO
University of Cincinnati
Michael.Burba@uc.edu