Re: MicroR Meter

     Wade,  If you're buying a microR meter for surveys might I suggest the
     following:

     I bought a Ludlum 3-98.  It has an internal NaI probe and an external
     pancake probe.  I spoke with Mr. Ludlum and was able to get a special
     board added to my instruments that allows me to change the click rate
     of the NaI detector so it clicks at a reasonable rate.  I like this
     meter because it allows high sensitivity for location of contamination
     and the added capability of location once found with the GM detector.

     Louie Tonry

     + LOUIE TONRY, CHP                                                   +
     + MAJOR, MS                                                          +
     + Chief, Radiation Protection Division                               +
     + Eisenhower Army Medical Center                                     +
     + ATTN: MCHF-LOG-HP (Radiation Protection)                           +
     + Box 264                                                            +
     + Ft. Gordon, Georgia 30905-5650                                     +
     + Voice:     DSN: 773-4692/6392      Civilian: (706) 787-4692/6392   +
     + Facsimile: DSN: 773-3427           Civilian: (706) 787-3427        +
     + Internet:  MAJ_Louie_Tonry@DDEAMC.SMTPLINK.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL          +