Re: Calculator for Part II Exam

I used a Sharp solar powered calculator that only had + - * / and log
functions.  I used a TI-30 as a back up and paid about $20.00 for the pair.
They are cheap, easy to use and have more functions than you could possibly
need for the exam.  If you need more functions then you are missing the
point of the problem and not using your problem solving skills to their
fullest.

The key to passing the exam is to solve the problems not calculate an
answer.

Beware of solar powered caluclators though because if lighting is poor they
won't work.  On the table I was working at there was one spot on the table
it would work.  Annoying but not insurmountable.

Good Luck

Thomas A. Conley, CHP
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Radiation Control Program
tconley@kdhe.state.ks.us