Re: Radioactivity and Bad Press

Hi all,

Not only is it bad, but they invented a previously believed to be fictional
element:

Look at the inspection reports. For colleges and hospitals, doors to
research labs wide open, with radioactive materials being left accessible
to anyone. At a private research lab, five open boxes of radioactive
kryptonite were found unattended! Inspectors' notes say that people were
being exposed.

Kryptonite!  Run Superman, run!  I thought that kryptonite was only harmful
to people from the planet Krypton and we mere mortal humans need not worry
about the strange green stuff!  The entire "article" used almost as many !
as I am!!!  Amazing!  Arrgh!

So Kryptonite is real and in a lab in the US.  Must be a sign of the coming
apocalypse.  I guess I better go out back and dig that hole in the ground
now.

Scott Kniffin

RSO Unisys Federal Systems, Lanham, MD
CHO Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA
mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed here are my own. They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys or NASA.  This material has not been reviewed by my
manager or NASA.