Re: Radioactivity and Bad Press

The email address for the reporter that did the channel 7 news report
on radioactivity is hryan@whdh.com if you would like to comment.

Mike

>Once again we can see the power of the media and it's agenda to pray on the
>public's fears, in this case of radioactivity.  Our local channel 7
>broadcast an
>"Investigative Report" on the security, or lack there of, of radioactive
>materials.  See the following web site for the transcript of the report which
>was broadcast last night as part of the 11 p.m. news.
>
>http://www.whdh.com/news/hank/
>
>I do have to admit I did tape it for posterity.  The clips used were of the
>State inspector performing an inspection at a local licensee's facility.  No
>names or locations were identified.  But, as you can see from the transcript
>there was a diliberate intent to scare and the attack did focus on
>universities
>and hospitals
>
>William A. Lorenzen
>Children's Hospital
>Boston, MA 02115
>
>lorenzen_w@a1.tch.harvard.edu

Michael C. Baker, Ph.D., P.E.
Radioassay and Nondestructive Testing Team
Environmental Science and Waste Technology Group
Mail Stop J594, Los Alamos National Laboratory
P.O. Box 1663, Los Alamos, NM 87545 (USA)

email:  mcbaker@lanl.gov

Phone: (505) 667-7334        Fax: (505) 665-8346