Re[2]: HP Exam and Common Sense

     I've taken and passed both, although I took the NRRPT in 1984 so my
     recollection may be a little rusty. I found them to be somewhat
     similar, but certainly not the same. The NRRPT Exam attempts, as much
     as can be done with multiple choice questions, to test experience
     through questions where one must _apply_ some knowledge. Part I of the
     CHP, on the other hand, seemed to me to be much more pure knowledge
     (and yes, trivia) based with no emphasis on _application_ of the
     knowledge whatever.

     I may be mistaken, but I believe that several years ago there was some
     talk between the two organizations about combining and using the NRRPT
     as Part I. It obviously never happened.

     Steven D. Rima, CHP, CSP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS, LLC
     srima@doegjpo.com

Robert Jolley wrote:

Just curious.  Can those persons who took both the NRRPT and the Part I CHP give
some comment on how they compare to one another?