Re: Radioactivity and Bad Press

As a side-bar related to this thread and a topic that often rears it's ugly
head on radsafe - the public perception with regard to all thing
radiological - bookmark this under FYI's of interesting websites.

I am a great fan of public television but this one is a little hard to
swallow.

It is from the PTV, Boston
The American Experience
Race for the Superbomb

I somehow found this hyperlink while viewing a local news station report on
control (or more accurately - loss of control) of RAM at universities and
medical institutions. I didn't see the program so I can't comment on it,
(although typically I find PBS programming to be very objective) but in my
opinion this link is way out there. My concerns are based in the
sensationaliztion of the topic and the connotations of the association with
a heretofore credible source.

MAP A NUCLEAR BLAST
Would you survive...
Enter a US location and map an H-bomb's "zones of destruction"

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/amex/bomb/sfeature/index.html

The site does have a feedback link should you have any comments.

PS  This could be of some use to emergency response, accident assessor
types!