Inter/Intranet and/or MM Safety Training Survey.

THIS SURVEY IS BEING SENT TO SEVERAL SAFETY MAIL-LISTS.
TO ENSURE YOUR SURVEY IS INCLUDED, PLEASE SEND IT TO bolson@promega.com
<mailto:bolson@promega.com> .

Good day folks.  As a reader and (mild) participant of the safety mail-lists
for the past 5 years, I have a big favor to ask.   My company is looking at
training options.  This survey requires mostly one-word answers.

The survey looks at ELECTRONIC SAFETY TRAINING OPTIONS.  I know this topic
has been talked about in some of the better known publications, but I am
interested in the feedback from you all.

I am sending this to four safety mail-lists.  To assure your entry is
tabulated, please send your reply to bolson@promega.com
<mailto:bolson@promega.com> .  I will be tabulating all responses and will
send them to the RADSAFE, BIOSAFETY, SAFETY, and LABSAFETY mail-lists by the
end of the month.

If you are using some type of electronic safety training, please take a
minute and complete the survey.  Between the four mail-lists that are
receiving this request, I feel many could benefit from the results:

1. What type of institution are you with? (business, academia, large, small,
other)
2. What factor(s) did you consider before/while you moved to electronic
training?
(staffing?, location of buildings?, cost?, etc.)
3. Does your institution have access to Intranet? Internet? LAN? CD-ROM
Carousel?
4. What type of elec. training medium are you using? (Intranet, Internet,
LAN, CD-ROM, e-mail),
5. List some of the titles you offer: (e.g. lab safety, biosafety,
radsafety, hazcomm, dot, etc.),
6. Do you offer classroom and/or hands-on training in addition to the
electronic training, or does this replace it?
7. Did you purchase pre-made titles or did you create your own?
8. If pre-made, what software company(s) did you go with? (Marcom, Mastery,
Summit, J.J. Keller, other?)
9. If created by you, what authoring tools did you use?
(Director/Authorware, Dreamweaver, Frontpage, etc.)
10. Either way, on average, what was your cost per title?  Total budget
(range)?
11. On average, how big is your audience - per title?  0-50, 51-99, 100-299,
>300
12. Do you use electronic training for annual refresher training?
13. Is changing content annually (for freshness) important to your audience?
Are you able to change your subject content when you want?  Change test
questions? Both?  Neither?
14. Overall, are you happy with your choice to go with electronic training?
(i.e. are you getting the results you want? high retention, etc.)

Thanks for your participation.  I will tabulate and post all results (sent
to bolson@promega.com <mailto:bolson@promega.com> ) by the end of February.

Thanks folks,
Brian Olson
Manager, EH&S