Re: laser pointers

For your information:

I just read in a newspaper that laser pointers of class 3B will be
forbidden in Austria from May onward. The procedure to establish the
relevant ordinance takes that long.

I do not know, what class 3B means and whether this is an internationally
used classification. If it is not and there is interest in it I could find
out during next week.

Laser pointers which are available now without restriction have been  of
concern in Austria since about a year, when they were found on the
market.

Thanks to Bruce Bugg for his information, though it is not directly related
to health physics. I found it very interesting to read about non health
physics concerns regarding something which is of health physics concern.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schönhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria