Re[2]: Tritium in exit signs and on watch dials

You're right.   This limit is circa 1986.  NCRP 95 states (page 9):  "Data
reported by industry sources indicate that tritium gas tube light sources
(GTLS) were produced for only a few years.  Such sources were used to
backlight liquid crystal display (LCD) watches.  Problems with the leakage
of
small amounts of tritium from GTLS, which typically contained about 7.4 GBq
(200 mCi) [These SI units are a pain!] of this radionuclide, apparently made
these sources unable to compete on an economic basis with battery operated
units..."  This sounds like what you had.

It's not about dose, it'a about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com