Radiation weighting factor for neutrons

Hi All

I have this doubt for some time. Coud'nt clear it properly in spite of
searching the library. Someone in this group may have an answer to this.

The radiation weighting factor for neutron peaks at 20 in the
energy range 100KeV-2MeV and then falls off for higher energies. Why high
energy neutrons has less QF ?  Is it because the secondary particles
produced has less LET, or something else ? How will you explain the graph
showing radiation weighting factor and neutron energy ? (fig 1, page 7,
ICRP publication 60). I read something about "overkill" by which high LET
particles may "waste" energy so far as biological effects are
concerned.(Radiation dosimetry, Vol 1,1968, edited by,Attix and Roesch
Academic Press). Is that a(the) reason ?

Do you mind sharing your thoughts about this ?

Thanks to all
Sunil Nair