To future CHP's

To those who are preparing for certification:
I feel that I know what you are going through now. I had my complaints and
disagreements with the ABHP (reviewer whoever that person was) when I was not
allowed to take Part I in the 1980's. I felt that I was descriminated against
because I knew a number of people who were allowed to take part in the Part I
exam because they were enrolled in a HP/RS graduate program. I was enrolled in
the U Lowell's RS graduete program at that time and I was working full time at
the U. Lowell rad. lab. It took a number of years to recover until I wanted to
try again because of that experience. I am thankful for the dedication of the
teachers, staff, and graduates of U. Mass. Lowell for their encouragement and
guidance.

My personal experience is that the certification has it's benefits even though I
don't feel any smarter. I encourage you go for it and get it over with. You will
not regret it.  Best wishes,
M. Jo, M.S., CHP
Myung Chul Jo, RSO
EH&S, Mail Stop 328