From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
[mailto:radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu]On Behalf Of Earley, Jack
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 1999 8:55 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Livermore Pu

It's interesting that they accept Livermore's sample results, and are
willing to accept their technology to clean up the Pu, but not their
scientific judgment as to its distribution, nor even any validity to EPA's
screening level. But you are dealing with a "one particle theory" crowd, so
rational thinking isn't necessarily a prerequisite to the discussion. If it
were, they might recognize that tax dollars are tax dollars-if it bothers
them that much, they have every right to clean it up with local tax dollars
or see if the federal government will chip in outside of Livermore. Kind of
like people who say over-population is the world's biggest problem-none of
them ever offer to remove themselves as part of the solution.
Jack