Re: newpaper classified add

	In 1981 while I was working for the PA DEP BRH we received a call from a
newspaper reporter about someone who had posted their hunting cabin and
surrounding property with CAUTION RADIATION AREA signs.  I investigated
and found that the owner's father was a physician at a nearby hospital
who had obtained the sign from the hospital.  They posted after having
had the cabin broken into and vandalized several times.  After the
posting, there were no breakins.  The guy said "It worked, didn't it?"  I
had to agree, but still had to ask him to remove the postings.  His
reasoning:  "There's radioactive material all around here in the ground."
 Unfortunately, the levels weren't high enough to allow a posting.
	Based on that anecdote, perhaps the owner of the pumpkin may find his
prize returned to his field at some time in the future, unless of course
it was turned into a number of pumpkin pies before the ad became known.

from Bob Scott
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, RI
bobscottchp@juno.com