Re: Livermore Pu

Dear Ruth,

I have a problem with your numbers! I would not call (10 +-5)  X or
(10 +- 10) X really different from zero, confidence level 90% or 95%
or not.  I just would not trust those numbers.  Let us remember that
this is a difference [(effect + bgrd) - bgrd].  Do you know what game
of "Now you see it, and now you don't" is being played here?  Pu is
the most dangerous substance.....so we have to be extra careful?

Regards

Fritz

Weiner, Ruth wrote:

> I checked the web site, and would like to add to Jeff's comment that the
> detectable levels had approximately +/- 50% to +/-100% uncertainty.
>
> Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
> Sandia National Laboratories
> MS 0718, POB 5800
> Albuquerque, NM 87185-0718