Re: Filter Collection Efficiency for Personal Air Monitor

Otto G. Raabe wrote:
>All filters have a minimum efficiency for particles about
>0.3 micrometer in physical or aerodynamic diameter. Smaller particle and
>larger particles are more efficiently collected

I suppose this does not hold true all the way down to 0.1 nanometer, since
gases such as tritium are not collected efficiently. So below what diameter
does the efficiency start to decrease? Graphs that I have seen do not
continue to extremely small particle size.

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)