Re: Treatment of Contaminated Personnel

RADSAFERS,

Though I have responded to Jim privately already on this, I would like to post
this because this has not been mentioned by others yet.

It has been my experience that doctors (and nurses and EMTs) would listen to
doctors. More credentials the doctor has, more attention would be paid. I can
tell the medical staff at a hospital that this level of contamination on a
victim is inconsequential, and I know this because I'm a (trumpet sound
please....) CHP. Only response I'm likely to get is a suspicious look, or get a
question why someone from California Highway Patrol (CHP) would know this. But
if a medical doctor tells them the same thing, they would listen, and believe
him.

So, my recommendation would be to schedule seminars with doctors with good
public speaking skills and the best credentials you can find.

Tosh Ushino, CHP
ICN Dosimetry

Jim Casto <Jim.Casto@ehs.ucsb.edu> on 02/24/99 09:34:55 AM

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu