Re: Semipalatinsk Contamination Levels

Mr. Barnes,

Contamination levels around Semipalatinsk, and a few maps, can be found
in US DOE Report EML-584 "Environmental Radiation measurements at the
Former Soviet Union's Semipalatinsk Nuclear Test Site and Surrounding
Villages" July 1997 by Peter Shebell and Adam Hunter.  This report (144
kb) can be downloaded at:

http://www.eml.doe.gov/PUBS/EMLPUBS.HTM

Although this report is probably not of particular interest to most of
the RADSAFE community, the Environmental Monitoring Laboratory site
contains a wealth of information on worldwide environmental sample
results and sampling/analysis techniques (including a downloadable
HASL-300).

--
Rick Schoenig
mail to: raschoen@home.com