RE: Radiation Symbol on Irradiated Food????

Tom,

The proposed rule published on February 24 shows the Radura as the symbol to
be used. The reporter or the USDA source that was quoted made the technical
error that will probably only be noticed by knowledgeable individuals who
work in the field.

Also, notice that the label will not be required unless the whole parcel of
food is irradiated. Partial  ingredients that are irradiated would not
require the food to be labeled. This would require labels on all packages
that use irradiated spices. The labels would be everywhere!

Mike Burba
Asst RSO
University of Cincinnati
Michael.Burba@uc.edu