RE: Respirators with beards

Anyone who performs quantitative mask fits with a mask fit machine would
tell you that significant facial hair in the sealing surfaces does make a
difference.

I also would not count on a material like petroleum jelly in the weave of a
beard to provide a good seal.  I don't think I could convince myself that
that is a method that can be done consistently and that degradation of the
seal would not occur during use.  How could you ensure the application
technique used during the quantitative mask fit procedure is exactly how it
would be performed in the field?

Sincerely,
Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com