Movie Quote

The actual quote is this: "Badges? We ain't got no badges; we don't need no
badges; I don't have to show you any stinking badges." It comes from the 1948
Western film "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". The line was spoken by the
character of Gold Hat, played by Alfonso Bedoya, who was a fixture as a stock
Mexican character in films of the era.

The line has been contorted through the years to: "Badges? We don't need no
stinking badges!".