Re: History Question of sorts

The famous phrase is indeed from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", and was
delivered by a Mexican bandit.  Near the end of the movie, Bogie was trying to
get his gold out of the desert and back to civilization to cash it in.  He
encountered the bandits who were making some kind of pretense that they were
police or something, and Bogie asked to see their badges.  The response was
"Badges?  We don't got no badges". Then with great anger: "We don't got to
show you no stinkin' badges".  The situation deteriorated from there.

Steven Souza
Technical Director
Radiation Detection Company
Sunnyvale, CA