RE: Transport cask testing for HL waste

Subject: Transport cask testing for HL waste

The file footage of the train-cask crash and others should be
available from Sandia National Labs who was the primary test site.

I have clips of the rocket assisted train crash somewhere and will
try to get a copy.

Sandia has also conducted numerous physical test on other shipping
containers such as the TRUPACT-II designed for transportation of
transuranic waste to the WIPP and it's little brother the HalfPACT.

I have also seen foreign cask testing involving truck and train
crashes.

Maybe a contact at NRC could help explain the cask certification
process?

Thanks,

James H. Ogden, Jr., Emergency Planner
WIPP Transportation Project