fourth uranium mine in Australia

Bjorn,

My information is based strictly on what I've absorbed from the news media - just so you know!  I understand the specific objection is not to uranium mining per se but to the particular process which has been proposed, namely, injection of sulphuric acid to dissolve the uranium for later extraction.  The concern is that the sulphuric acid will spread from the local acquifer and cause damage over a wide area.  The mining company maintains the local acquifer is self contained and that the contamination will not spread.  The environmentalists maintain that this process of injecting sulphuric acid is considered "worst practice" in other developed countries.

Marissa Bartlett
bartlettm@health.qld.gov.au