individual monitoring for Tc-99m in nuclear medicine

This is a good question.  There has not been a compilation of values in this area by the ICRP or other body that I am aware of, as there is for most occupational exposures to radionuclides.  We tried to get the NRC interested in it several times, but their position was that the exposures were not significant enough and the occurrences were rare, so it wasn't needed.  But people like yourself certainly do need these values, I think, when they are trying to assign doses.  However, a group in Canada did a study on this, and they do have some results that I'm sure they would share.  Try making contact with Karin Gordon or M. Billinghurst of the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg, CA.  Karin is, interestingly enough, in Brazil right now.  She is coming by our center next Monday and Tuesday (March 29-30) to give a talk on this subject, so she won't be easy to reach for another week or so.  But her e-mail is KGordon@exchange.hsc.mb.ca   The title of her talk here is "Results of a Canada-wide In-vivo Bioassay Research Project:Technetium-99m Body Burden in Nuclear Medicine Workers."  If you happen to be in northeast Brazil next Tuesday you are welcome to drop in!  Otherwise, I think you can contact her or Dr. Billinghurst in Canada and they can help you (sorry I don't have an e-mail address for him, but perhaps you can find it through an internet search).

Michael Stabin, PhD
Departamento de Energia Nuclear/UFPE
Av. Prof. Luiz Freire, 1000 - Cidade Universitaria
CEP 50740 - 540
Recife - PE
Brazil
Phone 55-81-271-8251 or 8252 or 8253