Re: LSA vs A2 Requirements

Although I'm not trying to discourage questions to RADSAFE, I'm concerned
that
individuals are trying to use RADSAFE as a substitute for training and
qualification.  This is the equivalent of my asking a medical mailing list
questions about brain surgery.  The nature of the question indicates that
this
individual has not been trained in radioactive material shipments, and
should
not be making them.  If a small amount of embarrassment prevents a shipping
incident, it's worth it.  (Even good training is no guarantee against a
shipping incident.  I know; I've been there.)

"To look for simple answers to these complex problems is, profoundly, to
misunderstand their nature.  For our quest is not to solve, but to diminish;
not to cure, but to manage.  And it is these hard truths which leave so many
frustrated.  For it takes great courage to surrender a belief in the
existence
of total solutions without also surrendering the ability to care."  (source
forgotten)

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com