Controllable Dose

Group

There is a guest editorial in the April HPS Newsletter by Dr. Roger Clarke,
Chairman of ICRP suggesting a basic change in the way dose is controlled.  A
fuller discussion of his proposal is available at the HPS web site at
http://www.hps.org for down load.  This is an opportunity akin to commenting
on proposed regulations.  I have offered to send copies to my VA colleagues
that are not HPS members or do not have internet access, so I am not going
to make that offer here.  However I'm sure any of you operating under
similar conditions can receive either document by simply making a request to
the group.  Not being an HPS member can be easily cured however.

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer
VA Medical Center, Denver

1055 Clermont Street, Denver, CO 80220
ATTN:  RSO, Mail Stop 115
peter.vernig@med.va.gov
303-399-8020 ex 2447
FAX 303-393-5026

Any opinions expressed in this message are solely my own and do not
necessarily reflect the opinion or policy of the Denver VA Medical Center,
The Dept. of Veterans Affairs, or the U.S. Government.

"You win some.  You lose some.  And some get rained out."  Y. Berra