loss of license, etc.

I have compiled a table of violations by area and penalties for medical and
academic institutions from March, 1996 until the present for NRC licensees.
I have added to this a small amount of information sent to me by people in
Agreement States.  The table is in Word 97 format and is NOT attached.
Anyone who is interested may request a copy and I will forward it on.  A
short summary follows:

Most frequently-cited violations:	radioactive materials security/loss
of RAM
Most frequently-cited reason for suspension or loss of license: programmatic
breakdown (including staffing problems)
# of license restrictions:  5 (includes temporary suspension, conversion to
specific licensee status, etc.)
Total # of violations, fines, etc:  50 (medical), 19 (academic)

Many thanks to the many people helping to provide this information and
places to look for it!

Andy

P. Andrew Karam, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Rochester
(716) 275-1473 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
andrew_karam@urmc.rochester.edu

There is no Chase so pleasant, methinks, as to drive a Thought, by good
conduct, from one end of the World to the other; and never to lose sight of
it till it fall into Eternity, where all things are lost as to our
knowledge.
T. Burnet, The Theory of the Earth, 1697