From: Weiner, Ruth [mailto:rfweine@sandia.gov]
Sent: 15 April 1999 14:57
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE:

The public has been reading about rems and rads in the newspapers and
magazines in the United States for about 20 years at least, and virtually
every article that uses SI units also gives the rems, rads, etc.  I have
taught generations of students about this and it isn't really hard.
Besides, I believe a new unit would only increase confusion.  People need to
try to understand SOMETHING!!

Clearly only my own opinion.

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
Sandia National Laboratories