Re: Practical demonstration of a half-life -Reply

Dear John,

Once again you have bolstered my faith in Professors.  You
professors have an insight that is enough beyond that of the
"common man" (and I use this term, though not politically correct,
in the sense of  the 'average person').

I can use your example with our cleaning and domestic staff, many
of whom don't speak English at home, but it is also quite
transportable to highly educated scientists ( I am somewhere
inbetween).

As an aside, I feel reasonably competent at communicating
information to people with educational backgrounds not too far
from mine, but in spite of specific training in the area, I am not
confident that when I train less well educated persons the
message I try to send is what the recipients get (hence the request
for a good practical demonstration).

If you have any general teaching tips (or even suggestions for
effective communication of ideas and concepts), I will find you
advice useful.

Thanks for the help,

Mark